People are especially generous during the holiday season, and we appreciate the spirit. With the extra gifts, we run out of room to store them. As a result, we have to say “No” to used items from October 31 through January 1 as we try to limit what comes through the door to save needed space for food.
The Clothing Closet offers free donated clothing to clients of all ages. To donate clean clothing in good condition, please bring the items to the back loading dock during business hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) at 670 W. 9th St., San Pedro, 310-831-9123. We do not have an outdoor drop box.
What our clients need:
- clothing for all ages and sizes
- casual and business clothing for men and women, including ties for men
- Accessories: Belts, scarves
- Winter clothing (hats, gloves, coats, sweaters)
- Shoes (sport, casual, business)
Donations are accepted from January through October. We do not accept donations in November and December.
Food donations are always welcomed. The Food Pantry is our most-used service; we appreciate all gifts of food. You may donate during office hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) at 670 W. 9th St., San Pedro, 310-831-9123. Please bring them inside to the back loading dock. We do not have an outdoor drop-off box.
Please note the following:
- We also distribute hygiene items through the Food Pantry.
- We do not feed clients onsite, and we do not have a kitchen.
- We need donated, packaged food – boxed, canned, factory-bagged.
Here are some examples of items our clients need. You are not limited to this list:
- Canned vegetables, fruits, and meats
- Canned soup
- Packaged meals (e.g., macaroni and cheese box)
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Peanut butter or jelly
Thank you for supporting Harbor Interfaith Services.