Emergency Family Shelter
About The Emergency Family Shelter
The shelter offers homeless families housing for up to ninety days. While at the shelter, families agree to save 80 percent of their income in order to secure permanent housing.
The head of households meet with a case manager and are required to attend workshops on various topics, including budgeting, parenting and proper nutrition. The head of household receive assistance on resume writing, interview techniques, and free or reduced-cost childcare.
- Must be enrolled in the Homeless Family Solutions System (H.F.S.S.)
- Have a minor child (under 18 years of age)
- A minimum of one year of sobriety (If applicable)
- Attend mandatory workshops
- Mandatory 80% savings of all income